Thursday, April 8, 2010

Deep Thought Thursday

The other week, my husband and I started watching the show Destination Truth on the SyFy channel.  We are now addicted and have watched just about every episode since we discovered it.  We've always liked shows like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, etc.  You could say that UFO's, aliens, bigfoot, the jersey devil and anything strange interests us greatly.   We used to love to listen to Art Bell on his nightly AM radio show, Coast to Coast.  Just thinking of that show gets me excited!

Anyway, the other day the people on Destination Truth were on a hunt to find real leprechauns.  There's a couple of things in life that really scare me.  Leprechauns would be on that list.  A miniature verson of a human walking around gives me the creeps.  Now as soon as they mentioned the word "leprechaun", I immediately started saying in my best fake Irish accent, "You can't have me Lucky Charms!"  So since that day that we watched the show I have been craving Lucky Charms cereal.

Last night I finally went to the grocery store and bought the most gigantic $6 box of Lucky Charms cereal.  My husband then proceeds to tell me that he's losing his job after this weekend, the lot that he works for is closing down.  I sat down with a big bowl of my Lucky Charms cereal and told him, "Well it looks like it's time for some Lucky Charms!"  My deep thought for today is:  I wonder if eating Lucky Charms will actually bring good luck.  I mean I plopped down $6 for this box of cereal, the Lucky Charms leprechaun owes me.  The little swirly marshmallows are good and all, but not $6 good.  Wouldn't it be false advertising if the cereal did not actually contain anything that would bring you good luck?

So that's my deep thought for today.  Hey, I didn't promise that the thought would be intelligent, just deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment